Do you want to fill a gap or repair a broken cord? Breakages and gaps are often encountered in daily use items; be it a charging cable, a cell phone, laptop etc. To fix such breakages, we often look for something that’s handy and right there in our drawers. Starting to become common in almost every household, is the moldable silicone glue; a moldable putty made of silicone rubber, that can be molded and stuck to metal, wood, ceramics, glass, most plastic, and fabric. It is seen as a trendy and stylish way to fix up broken things.
The time taken for the material to set is approximately 30 minutes, giving you sufficient time to make adjustments.
- This material is a multifunctional moldable glue. It can be used to fix a broken cord, handle etc.
- considered for one time use only.
- Comes in different colors
- The formula contained in it is a strong and durable one, that sticks permanently to different types of surfaces.
- It is also said to be waterproof, and can handle temperatures from sub-zero to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Is easy to use
- As the name suggests, it is moldable and flexible
- Ideal for any type of indoor and outdoor DIY tasks
- It is resistant to many chemicals, such as fuels, oils, acids, bases, solvents and refrigerants
Mode of working
This product works by just sticking it to the area you want to fix, then start shaping it; the long setting time of 30 minutes allows you to adapt it according to the need, then it sets, turning into rubber. Its like working with play-doh.
Steps to use
- Step 1: open the package which contains 2 pieces of silicone rubber
- Step 2: start mixing the 2 pieces thoroughly and knead for at least 2 minutes
- Step 3: make any desirable shape you want
- Step 4: Wait for 24 hours until the material is set to become plastic-like hard
Important points to consider before using this material
- Hands should be washed before using it
- Molding of the material should be done within 30 minutes of opening the pack
- It should be kept away from away from children as they might eat it
- Those with sensitive skin should avoid using it
- It should be stored in a cool and dry place, avoiding direct sunlight
- It is suggested to wear rubber gloves before using it, or wash your hand after using it barehanded, because there will be a little amount of the silicone glue left on your hands.
Customers worldwide, who have purchased and used the moldable silicone glue suggest that if you're repairing something visible, you should have a razor blade or other flat piece of metal to help shape the putty (and maybe a spoon for curving). Otherwise, your fix will look like a blob of colored silly putty, complete with thumb prints. Some call it a versatile hybrid material between play-doh, clay and glue, making it very unique.