Whether you are a swimmer (who enjoys listening to music while swimming), or you intend to go on hiking/running (and if by chance encounter rain on the way), practicing yoga, fitness exercises and traveling, choosing to buy waterproof Bluetooth earphones is a good option; its water-resistant nano-coating efficiently protects sports headphones from sweat and ensure a guaranteed lifespan.
- There is no hassle of cords; you just pick it up and carry with yourself wherever you go
- Built-in high definition microphone brings smooth communication. You can make phone calls when you are driving without violating traffic rules and safely
- Usually it is compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Can be worn comfortably. Hidden and suitable for many scenes
- Can be immediately connected to your smartphone from up to 33 feet away
- Battery; improved lithium polymer battery (Lightweight Enough, not like other headphones) brings up to 9 hours pleasure musically and socially with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours. It will show the remaining battery power of the headphones on the iOS Phone screen
- The sound quality is often more than good to the ears; some have isolation replacement ear tips that are engineered to create a custom in-ear fit to block out external noise and provide a superior audio experience with enhanced bass.
- Allows skip/ play/ pause on your music tracks as well as without reaching your phone
- For swimmers, the earphone usually has an ergonomic design for underwater use and provides good alignment with the earbuds; it is easily attachable to your goggles or swimsuit
- Some have magnetic clasp system to keep earbuds tidy and secure
- It makes you leave your phone placed anywhere and control your music directly from your earphones; you can play, pause, control the volume, and even answer and reject calls right from the earbud
- Most Bluetooth earphones have a fast charging time of up to 1.5 hours.
There are basically 2 levels of waterproof rating earphones; IPX7 and IPX8 (both are rated for complete submersion under water. It’s recommended to only use IPX7 or IPX8 waterproof headphones for swimming or sports where there is a tendency for heavy sweating as these are the only waterproof headphones able to withstand this amount of moisture.
- The IPX 7 is rated to a depth of 1 meter under water
- The IPX 8 is rated for deeper depths or longer periods of time under water
Things to consider when buying waterproof earphones
Having some knowledge beforehand about a certain product helps you choose the right one for yourself. Hence you must consider these basic points before purchasing the right earphones:
- The first thing you should look for is the fact that its 100% waterproof; being only sweat and splash proof won’t help if you intend to go deep underwater while swimming
- Check for the ingress protection or IPX number; IPX7 for shallow depth and IPX8 for deeper depths.
In the box
Normally the package contains
- Waterproof headphone
- Extension cord
- Extra waterproof earbuds
- Carry case